If you’re in search of the best live dealer casino sites to place bets on live baccarat, you came to the right place.
Best Live Baccarat Online Casino Sites in Canada 2023
Whether you’re looking for the best gaming experience, a generous welcome bonus, or just a safe and secure casino site, it’s important to research the casino before playing baccarat. Luckily for you, we have carefully selected the best live baccarat online casinos, putting in the hard work so that you don’t have to. If you enjoy gambling on baccarat, there are many reasons why live dealer baccarat is superior to regular versions found at online casino sites. But in the spirit of honesty, all of our live dealer site reviews reflect the disadvantages too. But we think you’ll agree that live baccarat games are much the better option.
Top Live Baccarat Casinos Online in 2023
Ultra Casino Free Spins
|Payout Speed||1-2 days|
500% up to $500
|Payout Speed||1-2 days|
Nitro Daily Free Spins
|Payout Speed||1-2 days|
Welcome bonus in 4 deposits
|Payout Speed||1-2 days|
Having painstakingly searched hundreds of different online casino sites, our research should help you choose the best live dealer baccarat games, regardless of whether you’re a complete casino beginner or an experienced player.
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Live Baccarat Online Casino Sites in Canada
We have chosen our recommended live dealer baccarat casinos based on the following categories:
Licensing and security
We only recommend safe live dealer casino sites, fully regulated by a reputable body. Secure payment methods and site encryption must be present. The online casino sites on this page are all operated by the Betpoint Group, licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority (license number: MGA/B2C/203/2011).
We want our readers to enjoy the best possible gambling experience when playing live dealer baccarat games. Whether it’s on desktop or mobile, we have sought out the best live baccarat casino sites that offer the player the best all-around user experience.
Variety of baccarat tables
Another important factor when selecting the best live baccarat site is the variety of games on offer. In addition to traditional baccarat, all of the best online casino sites offer multiple game variations from several providers, keeping things fresh and interesting. There should also be a wide range of stakes on offer, ensuring there’s an online baccarat table available to suit all tastes
Live baccarat online is a casino game traditionally favored by high rollers, particularly in Asia. Even if you are a smaller stakes player, the presence of options for VIP baccarat high rollers to enjoy is a sure sign that the online casino is a reputable one.
Welcome bonus and offers
We all love a big welcome bonus, but there are other types of bonuses at the best live dealer baccarat casinos. Whether it’s random bonus drops, free spins on slots, or additional deposit bonus offers, we’ve checked the Ts & Cs to make sure they’re fair.
Fair gaming and SSL encryption
Fair gaming and security are two of the most important factors to consider when choosing live dealer baccarat casinos. You want to make sure that the casino you choose uses SSL encryption and has a strong internet connection to protect your personal and financial information.
The software provider of an online casino live baccarat can greatly impact the user experience. The best baccarat online casinos work with reputable software providers such as Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, and Playtech.
Depositing and withdrawing funds is an important part of playing live baccarat. You want to make sure that the live dealer baccarat casino you choose offers a variety of payment methods that are secure and convenient. Look for the best online live baccarat in Canada casinos that accept popular methods such as credit cards, e-wallets, and bank transfers.
Different casinos have different betting limits for their baccarat live games. If you’re a high roller, you’ll want to find a live dealer baccarat online casino that offers high betting limits.
Why Play Live Casino Baccarat?
Advantages of Live Baccarat
- Real Professional dealers. Some casino players still have reservations about playing online casino games, thinking it might be rigged. Although online casinos are safe and secure, many players just cannot shake their fears. A human dealer using real cards at an actual baccarat table goes a long way to allaying those fears. And what’s more, you get to pick from a wide selection of friendly and charming dealers when you play live dealer baccarat.
- Player experience. Gambling at an online casino is truly convenient, particularly with the rise of mobile casinos. Whether you’re sitting at home or on the go; whatever device you use; no matter the size of your screen display – there’s a modern and immersive live baccarat option for all players to enjoy. That is not always the case when using an older, non-live baccarat version.
- Choice of tables and bets. For many best live baccarat casino sites, a baccarat table is something of an afterthought. But for live dealer baccarat casino sites offering products from major live dealer baccarat providers, such as Pragmatic Play and Evolution Gaming, this is not the case. There are many innovative live dealer baccarat variations on offer, allowing players to bet at a wide range of stakes, as well as offering many different side bets.
- Genuine interaction. Arguably the most enjoyable part of any baccarat online casino games in Canada is the interaction with other people and the atmosphere that it brings. Unlike gambling on a standard baccarat game at an online casino, where you would be sat alone, you can use the live chat function to talk to a human dealer, as well as other participants at your table.
Disadvantages of Live Baccarat
- Lack of demonstration mode. If you’re thinking about playing online baccarat live dealer games for the first time and don’t want to risk real money, you are probably better off with a regular baccarat game. That’s because most live dealer games require players to make real money deposits before placing bets, rather than offering a free-to-play mode.
- Game speeds. Honest live dealer baccarat games are much slower than ordinary versions. A human dealer needs to physically deal the cards and with multiple real players placing bets, choosing to play live baccarat games can lead to a reduced number of hands being dealt.
Best Live Baccarat Games Online
These days, thanks to major gambling software providers pushing the boundaries of what is possible with live baccarat, there are lots of different ways to play live baccarat. Here are the most common forms of live dealer baccarat to be found at the best online casinos:
- Speed Baccarat – This is a fast-paced version of baccarat where the dealer deals with the cards quickly, and rounds are completed in just a few seconds.
- Baccarat Squeeze – Baccarat squeeze is a game that adds an element of drama to the traditional baccarat game.
- Mini Baccarat – Mini baccarat is a smaller version of the traditional baccarat game. The rules are the same, but the table is smaller and can accommodate fewer players.
- Punto Banco – Punto Banco is a variation of baccarat that originated in South America. In this version, players can bet on either the player or the banker, and the game is played with six or eight decks of cards.
- Multi Seat Baccarat – Multi Seat Baccarat is a game where players can occupy multiple seats at the same table.
- Progressive Baccarat – Progressive baccarat is a version of baccarat where players can win a progressive jackpot by placing a side bet.
- No Commission Baccarat – In this version of baccarat, the casino does not charge a commission on banker bets. Instead, if the banker wins with a three-card total of seven, the player’s bet is pushed, and no commission is paid.
Software Providers That Offer Baccarat Live Dealer Games to Canadian Players
Live baccarat is a popular online casino game that has gained a lot of popularity in Canada in recent years. To provide the best gaming experience, baccarat online casinos work with various software providers to develop high-quality live baccarat games. Here are some of the most popular software providers that offer live baccarat games to Canadian players:
- Evolution Gaming
- Vivo Gaming
Baccarat by Playtech
Playtech is a leading software provider in the online gaming industry, founded in 1999. They offer a wide range of online casino games, including live baccarat games. Playtech’s live baccarat games feature HD streaming, multiple camera angles, and competitive betting options. Some of their popular live baccarat games include Speed Baccarat, Baccarat Squeeze, and Mini Baccarat. Just be sure to avoid the tie bet and you’ll be all set for the best live dealer baccarat.
Live Baccarat by Evolution Gaming
Evolution Gaming is a leading software provider in the online gaming industry, founded in 2006. They are renowned for their high-quality live casino games, including their range of live baccarat games. Popular games from Evolution Gaming include Speed Baccarat, Baccarat Squeeze, Punto Banco, and No Commission Baccarat. The company operates in multiple countries and has won numerous awards for its innovative gaming products offering to play live dealer baccarat.
How to Play Live Casino Baccarat
It couldn’t be easier to get started playing live baccarat at an online casino. Whether you’re on a mobile, tablet, or desktop computer, simply open your browser and navigate to the casino of your choice. We recommend sticking to casinos in this guide since they are all safe and secure for you to play live baccarat online and enjoy it to the fullest.
Create a new account at your chosen casino. You’ll receive an account number or username, which you’ll need to know if you ever need to contact the customer service team.
Make a deposit
The casinos mentioned on this page all offer players a wide range of secure payment methods, including Visa, Mastercard, and Neteller. You must deposit before you are allowed to bet. Make sure you claim any applicable deposit bonus at this stage.
Choose your Baccarat Variants
Some of the best live baccarat casinos use different live baccarat providers, giving baccarat players a variety of how to bet. The best version for you will depend on your own personal preferences.
Choose the stakes
It’s important to only bet at stakes within your own comfort zone. Most sites offer players the chance to bet at all stakes, from VIP high roller tables to the smaller stakes of mini-baccarat.
That’s it! Choose your live baccarat table and place your bet. Good luck!
Basic Rules of Live Baccarat
Live baccarat follows the standard rules observed by regular land-based casino places. The beauty of the game lies in its simplicity. Players just need to decide whether the hand of the banker or the player will be a winning hand, or whether the hand will result in a tie. That’s all there is to it in order to play baccarat! Although most live dealer baccarat casino sites will observe the same basic baccarat rules, it’s worth noting that house rules do exist in certain places. So make sure to check the house rules before playing live baccarat. Here’s an overview of the baccarat rules:
Betting (Including Side Bets)
To begin, players must place their desired bets. The main bets offered are simply Banker, Player, or Tie. Some casinos offer players the chance to indulge in certain side bets, too. All of this happens before the initial deal.
Once all live baccarat bets are placed, including side bets, the dealer proceeds to deal with two hands of two cards. They will deal one hand to the banker and one hand to the player, for a total of four cards on the table.
After the initial deal, the values of each hand are calculated. Face cards and tens are worth zero, aces are worth one point and all other cards retain their usual value. The two cards are added together to give the overall value of the hands. If the value is two digits, only the last one is used (e.g. 5 and 8 give 13, so the hand value is 3).
If either the player or the banker draws a “natural” hand, the action is over and the winner will be determined with no further cards provided by the dealer. A natural hand is when the hand value is either 8 or 9. For instance, if the dealer gives the banker a 4 and a 5, that is a natural 9.
Third Card – Player
If applicable, the dealer will issue a third card. The hand of the player will be determined first, according to the following:
- 9 or 8 = Natural
- 7 or 6 = Player stands
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 or face card = Player draws a card
Third Card – Banker
If applicable, the banker will now also receive a third card. If the player stood, then the banker must draw on 0 to 5 or stand with 6 or 7. In all other cases, the following rules determine whether or not the banker takes a third card:
- If the player draws a 9, 10, Ace, or face card for their third card, then the banker must draw on 0 to 3 and stand on 4 to 7
- If the player draws an 8, the banker must draw on 0 to 2 and stand on 3 to 7
- If the player draws a 6 or 7, the banker draws on 0 to 6 and stands on a 7
- If the player draws a 4 or 5, the banker draws on 0 to 5 and stands on 6 to 7
- If the player draws a 2 or 3, the banker draws on 0 to 4 and stands on 5 to 7
Determine the winner
By now, enough cards have been dealt to determine a winner. In the case of either banker or player receiving a natural, they will win as long as the winning hand is higher than the other. For instance, if the player receives a K and an 8 (a natural 8) and the banker gets a 3 and a 4 (for a hand value of 7) then the player wins. In the case of third cards having been dealt, the rules remain the same. For instance, if the player receives a 2 and a 3, followed by a 7 (hand value 2), and the banker receives a 3 and a Q, followed by a 4 (hand value 7) then the banker wins.
Odds and Payouts
Baccarat payouts are super simple. There are only three possible outcomes of playing baccarat games:
- Player win – even money, or 1 to 1
- Banker win – even money, or 1 to 1
- Tie – 8 to 1 (sometimes 9 to 1)
You normally need to pay a 5% commission on a winning banker bet The house edge on each baccarat bet is as follows:
- Player – 1.24%
- Banker – 1.06%
- Tie – 14.36%
The percentage on the Tie bet can change slightly depending on the number of decks used in the shoe.
Placing a side bet on a live casino game is a great way to ramp up the action and win more money. However, the type of side bet on offer varies from casino to casino, so be sure to check the live baccarat casino site before playing. Here are some of the most popular side bet options on offer:
- Player Pair – Usually pays 11 to 1
- All Black – Usually pays 22 to 1
- All Red – Usually pays 22 to 1
- Double 8 – Usually pays 15 to 1
- Royal Match – Usually pays 30 to 1
Safety of Live Baccarat Casinos
When it comes to online casinos with live baccarat, safety is a top priority for players. A safe online casino ensures that players’ personal and financial information is kept secure and that their gameplay is fair and transparent. To ensure the safety of a live baccarat casino, there are a few things to consider.
Firstly, the casino should be licensed and regulated by a reputable authority, such as the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission. The live baccarat casino should also use secure SSL encryption technology to protect players’ data.
Additionally, the live baccarat games should be audited regularly for fairness by independent third-party organizations. All of these factors together help to make live baccarat casino sites safe and trustworthy for players.
Live Casino Payment Options
Live baccarat casinos offer a wide range of payment options to ensure smooth and secure transactions for players. The availability of payment methods can vary depending on the casino, but here are some popular options that are widely accepted live baccarat online casinos:
|Banking Method||Deposit||Deposit Time||Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|Credit/Debit Card (Visa/Mastercard)||Yes||Instant||Yes||1-3 business days|
|Bank Transfer (Wire Transfer)||Yes||Instant||Yes||1-3 business days|
Live Baccarat Mobile and Apps
For the best possible mobile gaming experience when playing baccarat, we recommend any of the sites listed on this page. All of the best live baccarat casinos listed are fully responsive and will fit perfectly to the screen of your device, regardless of whether it’s Windows, iOS, or Android.
Ultra Casino Free Spins
|Payout Speed||1-2 days|
500% up to $500
|Payout Speed||1-2 days|
Welcome bonus in 4 deposits
|Payout Speed||1-2 days|
Live Dealer Baccarat Tips & Betting Strategies
Live dealer baccarat is a game of chance, but there are still some tips and strategies that players can keep in mind to improve their chances of winning. Here are a few useful tips and strategies that can be applied to live dealer baccarat or to live casino games in general:
- Manage your bankroll effectively and set a budget for your live baccarat gameplay.
- Start with small bets and gradually increase them as you become more familiar with the game.
- Avoid the tie bet, as it has a high house edge, especially at live baccarat tables.
- Stick to the banker or player bets, as they have lower house edges as this is one of the best betting systems available.
- Look for live baccarat games with fewer decks, as this can increase your chances of winning at the best casinos.
- Take advantage of any bonuses or promotions offered by the casino, this will increase your live baccarat gameplay.
- Practice good live baccarat table etiquette and be respectful of other players and the dealer.
Key Facts about Live Baccarat
For those who are looking to learn more before they start playing live baccarat, here’s the chance:
- Baccarat is the most popular live dealer game in Macau and generates over 90% of the region’s gambling revenue.
- Live games & baccarat are available at most online casinos, and their popularity has grown significantly in recent years.
- The game typically uses 8 decks of cards, with each deck containing 52 cards.
- In live baccarat, players can choose from various betting options, including banker, player, tie, and pairs bets.
- The house edge for the banker bet is 1.06%, while the player bet has a slightly higher house edge of 1.24%.
Other Popular Live Casino Games
All of the best live baccarat sites offer a range of other live dealer games as well. Here are some examples:
|Live Dealer Blackjack||A casino classic, the blackjack experience is more immersive in live dealer format.|
|Live Casino Roulette||Live casino roulette games are popular due to HD graphics and multiple camera angles.|
|Live Ultimate Texas Hold’em||Casino Hold’em is a popular live casino game based on Texas Hold’em poker.|
|Dream Catcher||A wheel of fortune style live casino game, especially popular in Asia.|
Responsible Gambling Principles
Responsible gambling is an important consideration for anyone who enjoys playing baccarat and other live dealer games. Here are some key principles for responsible gambling
- Set limits on how much time and money you will spend on gambling.
- Never chase losses or gamble with money that you can’t afford to lose, especially on lightning baccarat.
- Keep gambling in perspective and avoid letting it interfere with your other responsibilities and commitments.
- Seek help if you feel that your gambling is becoming a problem.
- Utilize tools such as self-exclusion or reality checks to help you stay in control of your gambling.
In Canada, the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) provides resources and support for individuals who are struggling with problem gambling.
Live Baccarat Summary
Whatever you’re looking for in a live dealer baccarat site, whether it’s the variety of live baccarat game options or safe and secure payment options, you should now be well informed to play baccarat online. So all that’s left is to try reputable and enjoyable online gambling experience with live baccarat games.
Live Dealer Baccarat FAQ
What is live dealer baccarat?
Live dealer baccarat is an online casino game that is played with a professional human dealer and real cards.
What is the best online casino for live baccarat?
The best online casino for live baccarat will depend on a player’s specific preferences and needs. We offer a safe and reliable platform that offers live baccarat games with high-quality video streaming on our list.
How do I choose the best online casino for live baccarat in Canada?
Choosing the best live dealer baccarat casinos in Canada, players should consider factors such as the reputation and licensing of the casino, the selection and quality of baccarat games, and others.
How does live baccarat work?
In live baccarat, the dealer deals two cards to the player and two cards to the banker. The goal of the game is to get as close to a total of 9 as possible, with face cards and 10s counting as 0 and other cards counting at face value.
Is live baccarat real?
Yes, live baccarat is a real game played with real cards and a live dealer. The game is streamed live from a studio or land-based casino, just like live blackjack.
Can I play multiple baccarat tables at once?
All of our recommended live dealer baccarat sites offer an option to play live baccarat online on multiple tables. By playing several live dealer baccarat tables at once, you can increase your action, clear a welcome bonus faster and place more side bets, bringing extra chances to win bigger payouts.
Are live casino baccarat games rigged?
Absolutely not. Online casinos are licensed and regulated by reputable gaming authorities according to the Canadian gambling regulations and laws. If great live baccarat games for real money were rigged, online casinos would not be able to get a license. If you have doubts, try different betting systems or other baccarat variants.
What are Canadian players’ preferences for live baccarat games?
Canadian players tend to prefer live baccarat games with a range of betting options, including side bets and progressive jackpots.
Can I try live dealer baccarat for free?
The vast majority of live casino sites do not allow players to try live dealer games for free. You can play baccarat regular, just check recommendations of the best Canadian online casinos offering live baccarat games.
Will I get a welcome bonus if I play live dealer baccarat?
It depends. Most online casinos offer at least a welcome bonus to play live baccarat, but the kind of bonus on offers varies per site. Make sure to read the terms and conditions to avoid disappointment.